Audubon Family Medicine is a primary care medical practice which offers health and wellness to individuals and families throughout the lifespan. Audubon Family Medicine provides comprehensive medical care, including acute illness and chronic disease management, behavioral health management, childhood developmental screenings, adult wellness exams, sports physicals, and CDC-recommended immunizations for children and adults.
The mission of Audubon Family Medicine is to provide integrated, primary care to individuals and families throughout the lifespan, impact the health and well-being of the community at large, and reduce health disparities within the population. Our goal is to become the premier provider of family care through advocacy of health and wellness throughout the lifespan within the Acadiana area. We offer family-centered care that is not only high quality and affordable, but also individualized, comprehensive, and easily accessible. Audubon Family Medicine commits to partnering with specialty providers so our patients can receive specialized care as appropriate.
Same day sick appointment
A primary care provider, also known as a PCP, is often the first point of contact for your medical healthcare needs. A PCP provides preventative health services, initial diagnosis, and long-term supervision of non-emergency care. PCPs are advocates and coordinate the utilization of healthcare services along the continuum of care. The PCP will do the following:
- Help develop an individualized plan of care
- Help manage acute and chronic diseases
- Promote healthy aging through preventative care
- Detect changes in your health based on your history
- Make referrals to specialist for further care
Family centered care is a component of primary care and encourages communication and collaboration in the context of the patient and family. Family centered care means understanding and respecting each family’s unique needs and values in developing an individualized plan of care. Family centered care encourages:
- Dignity and respect – Healthcare providers listen to and honor patient and family perspectives and choices.
- Participation – Patients and families are encouraged and supported in participation in decision making.
- Collaboration – Healthcare providers collaborate with patients and families in the delivery of care.
- Information Sharing – Healthcare providers communicate and share complete and accurate information.
Monday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Audubon Family Medicine | phone: (337) 706-7400 | fax: (337) 706-7444 | address: 2301 Moss St., Lafayette, LA 70501